24SPR15 Positive Handling Training - Strategies for Success
DELIVERED FACE-TO-FACE IN THE DUBLIN WEST EDUCATION CENTRE
For teachers and SNAs
The Dublin West Education Centre is pleased to collaborate with Dynamis Training, specialists in managing distressed behaviour, in offering this positive handling training course.
Areas addressed include:
De-Escalation of Distressed Behaviour and Preventive Strategies
Personal Safety for Staff who interface with children who may become unpredictable.
Last-Resort Holding - Strategies for the containment and isolation of extreme behaviour
At the end of this course staff will be able to:
- Understand the Context of Positive Handling in Schools
- Describe Difficult, Distressed and Dangerous Behaviour with clarity
- Understand the legal principles regarding physical interventions
- Understand when physical interventions may be required (Duty of Care)
- Explain what the DfE guidance states about using reasonable force
- Understand how to minimise the risks when/if physical interventions are used.
- Carry out safer holding and physical intervention procedures
Dynamis trainers are all full-time, qualified and insured professionals. The team all hold Ofqual-recognised BTEC Level 4 qualifications in Adult Education and the BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Physical Restraint.
It is a blended approach of behaviour management skills backed with effective but non-harmful physical alternatives which are practical and appropriate. Our goal is to "treat every person with dignity and show them respect, even in the most challenging of moments".
Refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day
|21-02-2024 9:00 am
|Course End Date
|21-02-2024 3:00 pm
|Cut off date
|15-02-2024 12:00 pm
|Dublin West Education Centre